CEO and C-Suite Solutions
Leading at the top of the organization can be immensely gratifying and rewarding; however, these roles are also fraught with peril. Given the pace of change, old models of success quickly become outmoded, and leaders who previously added great value can become obsolete. Executives who produced great results in previous jobs can flame out when placed in higher level jobs requiring different capabilities.
Sustained success requires that executives regularly adapt their skill set, surround themselves with strong talent and ensure that they work effectively, and adapt their skills as new challenges demand. The successful Chief Executive is mindful of the need to anticipate changing demands, and to identify and prepare leaders who can handle them.
Build Your Own Capabilities
CEOs and other top executives face myriad challenges and expectations from the Board, shareholders, the senior team, and the organization as a whole. Not only do they experience demands and stakes of the highest degree, the cost of failure is enormous. In such roles, it is critical that they tap into the expertise of others to learn new approaches and to continue to develop as a leader.
PDI Ninth House helps them:
- Ensure a smooth and productive transition into a new job.
- Gain new tools for addressing critical new challenges.
- Enhance their effectiveness as leaders.
Ensure Strong Talent in Top Jobs
Individual leaders’ success depends largely on having a strong team around them. So it’s essential to make great decisions about who to hire or promote into key jobs, as well as on how to build their capabilities quickly as situations change.
PDI Ninth House can help you:
- Develop a succession plan appropriate for the succession timeline.
- Build a success profile for top executive jobs, based on the future challenges facing the job.
- Determine the potential and readiness of internal candidates for top executive jobs.
- Determine the readiness of existing senior talent to handle new strategies and major changes.
- Create robust development plans for internal candidates.
- Accelerate the readiness of internal candidates.
- Monitor progress on plans.
- Determine the readiness and fit of external candidates for top jobs.
- Ensure a smooth transition of leadership.
- Build the capabilities of key executives.
- Develop a process to identify and prepare the next generation of top leaders.
Improve Senior Team Effectiveness
Effective senior executive teams make a real difference in the performance and culture of the organization. Whether the team operates smoothly or whether it struggles, the ripple effect reaches far and impacts many.
PDI Ninth House can help your senior team:
- Quickly and effectively align with a new leader.
- Improve how it operates.
- Build capabilities to lead the organization through a major change or initiative.
- Resolve areas of dysfunction and emerge a stronger, more productive team.
Execute Mission-Critical Initiatives
Key initiatives like integrating an acquisition or executing a major new strategy hold great potential and downside risk. Realizing the potential while mitigating the risk often requires awareness of best practices and input on approaches for leading the initiative.
PDI Ninth House can help you:
- Identify and mitigate risks.
- Equip leaders with the skills needed to succeed.
- Align talent and talent management strategies and processes.
To learn more about Board Solutions, click here.
Coaching: Onboarding a CEO
For More Information
For more information, contact Dave Heine at 1.612.337.8259 or Dave.Heine@pdininthhouse.com
Complete listing of all global locations